Tuesday, November 28, 2006

In My Desperation


Give me strength
All these impulses and feelings and temptations are threatening to overwhelm everything I know and feel

Give me a clear head
I took my own thoughts and followed them, not considering I'm weak and faulty all the time

Return to me my wisdom
My dreams of bliss were lived for this time, and though I found satisfaction in them, I find the need to move on

Tell me the answers I need
I've felt the breeze whisper to me, and I've been deprived of Your voice for too long because of my selfishness

Rescue me
I can feel my life rotting away, I need Your forgiveness and love to bring me back to life



I am in distress. I am in despair. For so long I locked myself in my own cage and fed off my own selfishnes. And now I come to You, wounded with my head sunk low, trying to hide my sadness, trying to cover my shame that's on my face with my own hands.

Cover me. Revive me. Show me the way to my refuge. And bless me like you've never blessed me before so I can find no end to the thanks I give to you.

No comments: