The movie's a good movie, no doubt. There's plenty of action and suspenseful moments and things that should normally be in a blockbuster film. But here's what the movie should've really been called: Peter Parker/Spider-Man 3. Why? Cause it was all about PETER.
The action scenes were incredible, there was no way they couldn't. But they were few and far between. And suprisingly there was a lot more humor in this movie than the last two, which appeased me quite well. But all the emotions were faked, they didn't have any depth. They didn't come out of nowhere, but they were rushed, almost as if they had hot burning tamales in their pants.
And so I have come to my final conclusion for Spider-Man 3: the action scenes are the closest thing to the comics that Sam Rami has ever done, but besides that, it's nothing more than a glossed over, Hollywood movie. Much like the first Hulk movie. I am happy that the third movie has come, because it's answered questions and they put Venom in the script (YES!!!), but when it wasn't an action scene I wanted to cover my eyes.
And I really hope that Sam Rami and Tobey Maguire don't come back for the fourth Spider-Man.
EPILOUGE
If Sam Rami does another Spider-Man movie, I swear I'm gonna lead an uprising the day it comes out
....POST-EPILOUGE
If the above happens, I will also sue Hollywood for their undermining beautiful amazing comic book stories.
No comments:
Post a Comment