Friday, May 2, 2008

Set apart?

I have realized I'm becoming fed up with a lot of things. I've realized I no longer like to complain about things. And I'm about ready to take action on those things.

Unlike most of my age group, I'm done 'experimenting' with life. I never needed to expeiment anything, I have this thing called the Bible and wise people much older than me to help me out. I'm learning that no matter how much I care or try, I can't save people from their situations, that's Jesus' job, and I need to give that to Him. And I need to stop being lazy with my own life and throw it in drive.

I'm tired of people telling me God can't use me in the way I'm passionate about. I'm tired of being looked down at because I'm not over the age of 25. And most of all, I'm completely disgusted with the people in my age group that throw their life to alcohal and partying just because that's how they get their kicks and everyone else is doing it. That is NOT the case and it shouldn't be. To be bluntly honest that's how you turn into a loser that really starts to care about life when he's 26. I'm not about to lose myself to something so fake as the comfort of alcohal and drugs that turn people into the worst possible person they can be.

At times I feel really alone with what I'm doing. And yeah it's cool when people tell me that I'm standin up for the right stuff, cause that makes me feel good inside and stuff :). But I really wish someone that's around the same age as me felt the same way that I do. I've met a couple people who feel like I do, which to me was amazing. And I never have to forget about the strength that comes out of the letters from the greatest book in the world. I'm relying on those more and more each day.

So if you're reading this and you have the same passion as me, and you feel alone, don't even worry about it cause you're not. Don't be let down by the physical walls that surround you. Read the Word and draw strength from that. It's the only thing that gets us through this crazy world.

No comments: