Sunday, September 7, 2008

I Found It! (I think)

I believe I have found my real motivation to go to college this week.

For those of you that don't know, I've never, ever liked school. I've hated the thought of it, possibly because I get distracted too much by other things that seem way more important, like people. I'm not saying education shouldn't be a priority, but for my life I see other things much more significant in the grand scheme of things. I have the personality with things where, either I've got all my cards on the table, or I don't. So, like most kids who didn't get good grades in high school, I went to community college and never put any effort into it. Therefore, having nothing but W's and F's on my transcript currently.

I had just picked Lippu up from school, and we were going over how school was treating him. He mentioned something about not doing well on a history test, and I said I would help him. Immediately I stopped to think about what I'd just said, because it made no sense for me to be that interested in school. I came to the conclusion that I had an interest in the American Revolution, and my brother needed help on that...wait, so basically I'm tutoring him on history...tutoring, teaching...teacher?!? Teach history in school???

I was dumbfounded. But apparently, most people that grow up to be teachers didn't originally plan on teaching either. And it was a purple shirt moment; let me explain. I was shopping for a nice collar shirt one day (which I hate just as much as going to school). None of the shirts looked appealing at all, and I was just about to give up hope when far across the room, and I saw this purple shirt in a clearance pile, and I somehow knew that was the right shirt. If there's such a thing as love at first sight, that was one of those moments, and no joke it was the right size and looks good on me and everything. I still wear it to this day, that was like 3 years ago. Anyway, there are moments in life when the purple shirt moment happens, and that day in the car was one of em.

So from this moment on, I don't know. I'm goin to school at some point to be a high school teacher, that's for sure, but where and when, I don't know. God revealed this to me, and He's been revealing a lot of other intricate plans to me in the last couple months as well. It's been quite nice actually, because before I just felt like I was running blind in His plans. Now there's a little bit more structure to it all, but just enough to make me feel completely blinded by Him and where I'm going. Which is as it should be :).



Epilouge: Up until the point I actually become a teacher, and/or in case all else fails, I'm gonna continue to be the adventuristic wanderer that I'm growing to be. I simply have too many passions, and I have to exercise at least most of them a little. Otherwise, I won't have any stories for my kids, and they won't like that one bit, because they'll know their daddy's stories are way better than Goldilocks and the bears. And that's why I blog often, because my memory's too faulty to remember the adventures I have. Curse my fragmented memory.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WHOA! BOMBSHELL! I mean wow Jesse, that's pretty awesome. We really really need to talk about this...and that's good, don't worry about that ;)

You sure know how to drop things on a girl!

Miss Rose Virginia said...

Yay, become a teacher! That's what I was going to do before I realized what God truly has in store for me. Way to go, Jesse!