I have no problem having things go blurry, for my muscles to dwindle, for not being able to have as much chocolate as I do now, and for not being able to stand loud metal in my car. But I will not be able to deal with losing my hearing. I am also scared of that badly. To hear music deadened, even compromised, is a fearful thought for me. You realize that more than the visual, we rely on the audible. We gauge what we hear for our emotions, how gently or heavy we treat something, how we contemplate. To live most of your life without sound and then lose part of it, would be horrible.
But then I realize, this fear I have, is inconsequential. It's completeley meaningless! When I think like this, I'm forgetting that I never had a right to worry about it. Cause guess what...God's got it. If I lose hearing, God's got something else for me, if I still have it then I get that joy, and God's gonna continue to work with me like He has. There is nothing, nothing, that I need to worry about. I have peace about my fears, and my nightmares, because I have the power of Christ in my life.
I love Easter.
No comments:
Post a Comment