Monday, November 9, 2009

Right, so that whole fancy proposal thing...

First of all, NOBODY KNEW WHEN I WAS GONNA PROPOSE. I only knew 5 minutes before. So all of you that are bummed that I didn't tell you before, too bad :). So this is how it went down...




I am not good at keeping surprises, and Jessica loves them. So obviously I had to plan this whole extravagant sequence of events that would culminate into us being somewhere absolutely beautiful and memorable, and that would be the point I would get on one knee and ask her to marry me. And that's exactly what I did NOT do. Why? Because she would be expecting that. Duh. So basically here's the whole story:


I got the ring Sunday around 3, then after church we went to go get some coffee at Starbucks. It was then that I felt the winds of destiny blow through my fingers, and as we walked in the parking lot I got down on one knee in that Starbucks parking lot, and asked her to marry me. She was completely thrown off guard and asked if I was serious, to which I replied yes. She asked me again, and I reminded her that I was sitting on one knee with a ring held up to her. She finally realized that she wasn't dreaming and this was in fact reality, and she said yes. Upon further examining the shiny object I had just put on her finger, she realized that the ring was exactly what she wanted, nothing missing or lacking.




I would like to add one more trivial fact to this blog: when me and Jessica first started our relationship, we wanted to make sure that we would be above reproach and temptation, unless we ever did get engaged. Lippu bet me $30 that I would kiss her before I pulled out a ring, and last night he was proven wrong, and I was vindicated. 


For the record, waiting that long was totally worth it.

No comments: