There's no way I'm going to be able to put down everything I want to write about the last 365 days, but I'm sure gonna try.
A year ago, I was married to a pretty little lady who is also my best friend, Jessica. Got married in Boise ID at the church she grew up in, got back home, planned to have our honeymoon later so we could enjoy it. A week after we got married, we began our many, many, many visits to hospitals. I am not exaggerating when I say I think Jessica's been in the hospital 40 times, this year alone, if not more. She has gone through pain after pain, and for some reason God hasn't seen fit to take it away, but we think we see the end of it on the horizon. My lovely wife has not only endured through this pain and hardship, she has shown and proven to me that she is a strong woman and will always be my wife, through the good times and the bad times, truly loving me. And I have loved her all the more for it :)
Through all of these hard times, we found out in May that we're going to be parents. Quite honestly I was happy, and I didn't even know why I should be scared yet...I was so naive. Quite honestly, I don't remember that last time that I held an infant ever. I've always wanted to be a dad though, but I had (and have) no idea where to start. Basically my initial thoughts were, "Well I'm gonna have to get him a drumset and his baseball mitt so I can start training him from the get go"...oh yeah, he can't even hold himself up, just sleep and fart and other baby things...Don't worry guys I'm a lot smarter now! Still hasn't hit me that I'm going to be a dad, it feels like high school graduation; you keep preparing for something that you know what it looks like but don't know at all how it works.
Musicwise, there's been a lot of under-the-hood changes and exploration. I was leading the worship team at First Southern Baptist church, and at the start of last year we had gotten a full band together finally, which was uber awesome, drumset and all. Being the music leader, I also got time to play with the drumset too, which ended up revolutionizing everything about how I think and write music (which was based solely on my voice and acoustic guitar before). I soon found out that all this music could not be contained in my usual Redhead project, so I created a new Alt Metal project called Reason For Contrast, which currently has a CD unfinished in the recording studio (all that's left is vocals, but haven't had time for that as of yet). It'll be coming out when it comes out...going back to church stuff, I was ordained a Worship Pastor in September of this year, which is quite nice to have :). Makes me feel all official.
Since I found out I was going to be a dad, both me and Jessica wanted Jessica to be a stay-at-home mom, which meant that I sadly had to get a real job. I looked for five months in the state of California, and then looked for two weeks in Boise. Jessica posted a resume on careerbuilder.com, and 48 hours later I get a call from someone at NMCI offering me a job. No interview, asked me if I could start work on September 10th, which was less than two weeks away. I originally thought it couldn't be true...but it really was. Basically I do tech support for the Navy, and what's even better is that NMCI (which is a contract from the govt) is owned by HP, where Jessica's dad works, so we're keeping it all in the family :). It was hard leaving Roseville, but I have no regrets living in Boise at all, just miss the people back home.
So basically in the last 365 days, I've gotten married to a pretty awesome wife, become a pastor, been preparing to be a dad, completely overhauled the entire way I've looked at/created music, gotten a real job, moved to an entirely different state, GREW UP.....there have been two constants: God and video games. God never changes, and video games are always awesome. Here's hoping 2011 is as awesome as last year, with a little less crazy psycho chaos in there (don't have much hope that wish will come true, my life hasn't stopped spinning since 2008)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment