For better or worse, I see the glass half full. It’s my foundation, it’s how my parents raised me. I was also raised to be a gentlemen and be understanding in everything I could. And something else, that is just now coming into focus, is how to be a man.
Part of the reason I’m disgusted with some people and the world in general is that people hide. They don’t focus on honesty anymore, they want everything under the carpet. They want to live life in the shadows. They don’t want to be seen. They want to choose their own way of life with their hands over their ears. They want to get what’s theirs, and not care about what everybody else might be going through.
And I’m finding out that the men, the people that lead the world, are almost extinct. We’ve got this filter on our eyes, where we automatically look to see how corrupted this person is, how deep the person has gone. Nobody cares about honesty, integrity, courage anymore. Nobody really wants to search for someone that they can trust to tell them that they’re doing something wrong. Nobody wants to stand up on their own two feet and realize what’s going on. No, the only people that do that are usually labled as your mom and dad, and even then they’re criticized.
WHAT IS THIS?!? How the hell did this become commonplace? How did losing control of your life become some amazing thing that you idolize in your life? How the hell does that make you happy? How the hell does that fix the problem? How the hell does that not burn bridges, your closest friendships, your life? How can you lie to me and say that’s your choice and your free to make it, when what you’re doing is throwing your choices away?
I’m not going to tell you that I’ve been in your position, that I’ve gone to parties and got wasted, that I stopped caring about my life and lived a part of my life completely without rules, that I didn’t care what I lost because I was in the moment. Because while some parts of that might be true, that’s pointless. I don’t need to experience any of that to know exactly how you’re throwing away everything you wanted and becoming the person you hate.
Maybe you never had a chance to meet someone like me that will stand up for the right morals, who will live a real life without what you destroy yours with. Maybe you’ve become as lost in this world as I feel. If that’s you, then know that not everyone is the same, and my life is pure evidence of it. And I’ll tell you right now the only reason I’ve stayed this way is because of my God. You can give me all the excuses why you think what I hold onto is fake, but the truth is that you have nothing to say to me, nothing to say until you actually try it. My God is real. My God put it on the line for everybody, and forces nothing. He gives us chances, forgiveness, and the undying love that we all crave. And you have nothing else to say to me until you give Him an honest shot.
I am in a rage over this. There is not enough men on this earth to lead, because most of them are cowards. The ones that are honest and really do try to lead are shot down before they say anything, and then the fakers steal the spotlight and give us their twisted disgusting version of honesty and truth, and because of that we are lost. And because of that sad fact, is why I see the glass half full. That’s why I will always see the good in people. That’s why I will never be afraid to keep my eyes open, because truth gives me the courage to get past the pain.
Tuesday, March 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment