Saturday, March 1, 2008

Coming To The Revelation Point

I'm realizing that what people go through, the reasons for why they're like they are, why they act the way they do, is their own business, and you have no right for need to know unless they've committed a felony, and then the judge weeds it out of them.

I'm realizing that who you are will be determined by what you accept, who you do and don't trust, what your past influences have been, and what your perspective on life is. All these things combined create a person, and therefore it's impossible to say that what they've been through means nothing. Compared to your experience or others it may seem like nothing, but to them, it's part of who they are.

I'm realizing that being judged is painful, but if given, accepted, and handled in the right way, can be miraculous. But judgement is best given between friends, it becomes a two way street of understanding. I'm also realizing that if you're not being judged somehow, you're quite ignorant.

I'm realizing that there will never be an end to me finding new things. And if I stop wanting to change, then I will be quite ugly and nobody will like me, not even myself. But I realize that people also need to have something to hold onto in the midst of the change, or they will die off faster than a dandelion in the wind.

I'm realizing how people are blinded by pain, how broken relationships form a person, how tragedies decimate the heart, how bitterness kills joy, and how lies kill lives. But in the same moment, I'm also realizing how courage, hope, faith, and love are so badly needed for everybody, no matter what they've done. Without these things in someone's life, bitterness, fakeness, and despair begin to become all that person sees.

I'm realizing that I can follow God with everything that I am, still give courage, hope, faith to anybody that's asking for it, and still be anybody I want. And I can do this by trusting God to give me, in time, the passions that are from my heart, not from what I see around me. I will find the person that I truly am not from what I'll learn on the job, from school, or from what people think I should be. I will learn through my experinces with people, with points in my life that show me what I want, who I am, and what I believe in. It will be ever changing, I'm pretty sure of that. And it will always be a challenge. It will never be what the commercial Christian collective says it should be, it will not be what my parents think it should be, it will not be what any of my mentors or friends think it should be. It will solely be what God has designed for me, and it will be good. It will be amazing, satisfying, and complete for my soul. His plan and direction will find peace in my heart, and I will continue on the path I'm on with peace, with strength, and in love.


This, in my opinion, is a true rock star.

No comments: