It has come to my attention that I spend too much time thinking about the world, rather than thinking about God. I have an addiction to technology and the internet, this is true. While I am working on that, God has brought it to my attention that I spend way too much time and focus looking at Google News, which can consume you if you so desire :). God's shown me that I am constantly thinking about politics, *misguided* people and their *misguided* actions, and the lies of the world,
instead of thinking and meditating more on who God is, the love He has for us, and the way He wants to use me as a light in the darkness.
So, I have decided to go on a fast from personally searching out any kind of news. Not that I can avoid it completely, cause hey right now I'm in a political science class :). But the time I use reading the news, I want to replace with reading God's word. So if you all could keep me in your prayers about that, I would greatly appreciate that. And if you have anything that you would want me to pray for you on, please let me know so we can be praying for each other.
-jesse
No comments:
Post a Comment