I believe worship is a lifestyle that is cultivated out of a true, authentic surrendering to God. To no one's surprise I love to worship Him most by praising Him in music, it's my passion. Let me define to you what exactly that is.
When I worship, I push the world away from me. Before I sing or pick up my guitar to play, I pray to God to inspire me. I come Him, as transparent as I possibly can, and I begin to sing. It doesn't matter what my face or body language says, it doesn't matter what's around me, because in that moment I have surrendered fully to my God, my Redeemer, and my Savior. There is no room for pride or shame in my time of worship.
I call to my God, asking Him to hear me, to shine His face on my feeble act of worship. I call to my God, asking Him to ignore my imperfection as I give my best offering I possibly can to Him. I call to my God, wanting to please Him who made the Heavens and the Earth, not understanding how my act of worship means more than anything to my God.
I praise my God by acknowledging me before I even called His name. I praise Him for the grace that I don't comprehend even though I misuse it every day. I praise Him for every moment of my sinful life, and how He takes the outcast and broken of this world and uses it and makes it new again.
I thank my God for the world I live in, though it is saturated in sin and heading every day toward Armageddon; I thank Him because He found me in this world. thank God for the second chance, the third chance, the unlimited, ever forgiving, unbiased love He has given to me freely when I didn't even know that I needed it. I thank God for the gifts He's given me...music, freedom, my heart's desires...all things that I never could deserve, but He gives as freely as Christ's sacrifice.
I give my God silence, in reverence to His holiness, to His glory, to the mighty and powerful being that He is. I give my God silence, I still my tongue, so that I could hear His voice instead, so that He can enact His will on me, so that His love can change me, so that He can continue to guide me down the path He has prepared for me. I give my God silence, because I have no right to speak in the first place.
This is what I do when I worship, and if it were not for the Great Commission, I would leave the world behind and worship Him every moment I'm alive.
Tuesday, September 22, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment