Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Grip

Each thought plastered to the wall
Another chance to fall away
This has gotta be the hardest thing I've done
Every time I've been won over
You get the short stick of me
This isn't how it's supposed to be

And the words I say
The good intentions pass away
And leave me open
Broken with nothing
And every time I try
To stand up, I don't know why
You're still standing next to me
You still believe...in me

When I move on from the past
I do it with no regrets
But it takes time to get me there
My momma told me I was patient
But I can only take so much
Of this scarring and bleeding of my life

And the words I say
The good intentions pass away
And leave me open
Broken with nothing
And every time I try
To stand up, I don't know why
You're still standing next to me
You still believe...


...that I can make it, I can weather the storm
You told me so many times before
But I can't move from where I'm standing
You're not understanding what I'm trying to do
You can't say anything to make me
Feel better, but you're still right there
For a shoulder I don't need now
You're always there when the time comes around
When I've given up
When I've had enough
When I hold onto you
When I can accept the truth

And the words I say
The good intentions pass away
And leave me open
Broken with nothing
And every time I try
To stand up, I don't know why
You're still standing next to me
You still believe
In me

No comments: