Monday, October 20, 2008

At the halfway point

So it's October, and a lot has happened. Time for an update...


-Haven't found a steady job yet, but God's been keepin me rollin carefree. There's a church in Tracy called New Hope Community that's been a good blend for me, and likewise for them. For the few times I've played there, it's been awesome worshipping God with them.

-
I'm goin back to college, I'm pretty sure. I figured out I want to be a history teacher in high school, and that's only gonna take 5 years. That's a lot, but it's better than the psychology degree that I wanted. Or no degree at all.

-I've been writing more songs recently, and I now have enough songs to do a full-length CD I feel. Unfortunately, my PC's been shot to hell so it's not possible for me to record on it like I did before. Drat. Well, in the future anyway I'm planning on recording them all. For my songs I've already recorded and put out there, click these blue underlined letters.

-I went to Idaho to say hi to Jessica when she was on break. And it started snowing, in the middle of October. Based on that trip, I've decided that when I settle somewhere, it has to be a place that gets snow in the wintertime. None of this hot-all-the-time-and-no-snow-ever weather that I get here in SacTown and down south.

-I've decided to move to Fresno. Yes, Fresno. There's something in Fresno that God called me to, but I don't know what it is yet. Yeah, that pretty much sounds psychotically insane, but the truth is in the summer, God told me, and I have total peace about it. I still have yet to find a job and a solid place to live down there, but I know by the time January comes I'll be moved out of Roseville and living 3 hours south. Which leads me to my next point...

-As of this Wednesday, I will not be in The Corey Nitschke Experience anymore :(. This decision, out of any of them, was the hardest to make. It took a serious amount of prayer, guidance, and sucking-it-up to come to this decision. These guys are my brothers and I shall seriously miss playing with all of them. But hey you never know...we might get back together in 25 years for a reunion tour, when we're all wrinkly and the sound systems sound better. And you should still listen to my band's music. You ALL should.



And those are the general events of my life right now. God's got it all, and I'm followin His footsteps and enjoyin the ride. Now onto the second half of this journey.

1 comment:

Miss Rose Virginia said...

Awesome. God bless you, Jesse.