Saturday, October 25, 2008

Fair warning

There is such a thing as cause and effect. Therefore, if you want something to change badly enough, you need to create the cause and the action for that change to be set in motion.

I've seen that in the last 10 months, God has radically changed me from the inside out, and the outside in. And He ain't done yet. And I've been fighting and rebelling in different ways when it comes to that change. But now I've come to a point where, I see where this is going. And I'm beginning to let Him do what He was doing anyway, with no resistance.

So, fair warning to all of you that know me: this pattern of changing is going to continue, but in earnest from now on. And I shall not speak of what it might be. Some of it will be subtle, some will be outrageously obvious. Some of it you may not care about. But, there shall be change. Not the same change Obama's talkin about, mind you.


And as I've seen all these things in my life played out, I remember one certain story from the Bible; When God promises David the rule of Israel, and then Saul is wanting him dead. He's on the run from the thing he's been promised, and there seems to be no justice. But David still fights on in God's name. David is not a perfect man, but in his heart he is as faithful as he can be. And then, as he's about to just give it up, God gives it to Him, just like He promised.

God didn't do that on purpose, just to prove David wrong, or mess with him. It was because God does things in His timing, and we don't know the better until He's opened our eyes, usually after we're done with the journey. And this is why, in all the chaos and confusion, I always have confidence and courage in my God, because He doesn't leave, doesn't deceive me, and will not hold back the good things meant for me.

1 comment:

Miss Rose Virginia said...

Amazing post, Jesse. I'm praying for you.