Monday, November 3, 2008

Short thoughts on this election 08

I hate presidential elections. I hate, HATE them. And each year it's gotten worse. But let me tell you why it really gets me.

These people are absolutely, certifiably human. They bleed. And, arguably, they are vying for the highest position there is in America, nay the world. But, it doesn't mean that the entire news network should raise him up to be this god-type thing.

I've stayed consistent keeping track of stuff in the news with all the candidates to a general degree. I have never obsessed over it at all, I've not let it jack up my day if there's something I don't like. In the last couple weeks I've adopted a 'to hell with it all' attitude to it. Cause the people that are involved refuse to listen to anything.

This is an election of laws, people. If you were not so CONSUMED by scandals and who you're voting for, you could actually make an educated decision about it. And for those that stand where I do, you have a God that sets the leader in charge of you there for a reason. He protects us more than the government can, provides more than the government can, and the government is literally on his shoulders.

And that's why I want small government. Let me live my own damn life, even if that means I'm at financial risk. I don't need a big brother, my mother can take good enough care of me.

2 comments:

Brian Iaukea Foster said...

Small government is what government is supposed to be according to the Constitution, and any time a candidate looks to expand government beyond what it was intended to be, there will be people like me who will vote against them. That's why I voted for McCain. Another major reason I voted for him is because he voted to deny infants born through a botched abortion medical care and services--that's infanticide.

Miss Rose Virginia said...

Yeah, I didn't make a big deal out of everything, but, nonetheless, I did vote third-party. Because I don't think either Obama or McCain should be president, though I know one of them will.