Wednesday, November 19, 2008

...In time all things....

For the next 24 hours, I am absolutely refusing to listen to any crappy, non-inspirational music. Which will be an incredible struggle, since I work at Macy's and they have mixed music going through the system, which currently consists of 31% rock/adult alternative, 50% Christmas music (IN NOVEMBER), 2% Michael Jackson, 8% Disco, and the rest is up for grabs. The question is, why?

It is because, after I get off work tomorrow, I shall be recording my third CD, Embracing Autumn. This one is especially significant, since I'm going to be in an actual recording studio. I saw it on Monday, and it's pretty nice, built for acoustic stuff too. What really excites me, is that I'm gonna be using true quality mics, being mixed by a true sound producer and engineer, on ProTools, and this will all be my original stuff (except for one song). What's even more exhilarating is that I wrote half these songs in the last two months, and I just figured out I'll be doing all this recording stuff last week. But none of this is feeling rushed. Just very, very exciting.

And since I know that at this time, most people don't look at this blog much (if you do, please leave a comment so I know you're reading :) ), I will share a secret with you: I am making this on my own dime, and then giving it away, free. Just like all my other CDs. Here is the reason....

My philosophy of life and how to deal with things is not the norm, some people call it twistedly unrealistic. But I am adament about the belief of making my recorded music free. These songs I write are about me and my personal struggles and opinions on life, relationships, and other things that I care about. And I know, from personal experience, that my life is chaotic, dramatic, exaggerated, and most of all, boring. So that is why I give it to you free of charge.

...I also know that the music industry is being killed off because all you freakin consumers want your damned music free and get it through Limewire instead of payin a freakin dollar, so why fight it...

So that's why I'm in such a tussle about this. Music is my passion, and will be even past this life. And for those of you that listen and enjoy this music, thank you. If you don't, I laugh at you, because I helped waste a small, small part of your life, and that control gives me a sad, twisted joy.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

First off...your white on black print makes my eyes go crazy when you write long blogs...just thought you should know that.

As to the subject of the blog...which is what I'm supposed to be commenting on here lol...I'm really excited about this CD! And about you being so happy about it! And about your never dying passion for music!

I don't agree with ONE thing though..."that my life is chaotic, dramatic, exaggerated and, most of all, boring." Guess what silly brother...the first three exclude the last one and from personal experience even without the first three the last one is untrue! So there, take that!

One last note:

FORK

Wendi said...

First off, I have to agree with Sammy. The white print on black makes my eyes go crazy too. I thought is was just me.

I am also excited about your recording your own stuff. Anything with the word "Free" attached can't be all bad!! :) Actually, I have not heard your music, but Luke likes you. That should scare you.

I just hope that you have not been unduly influenced by the stuff at Macys. I KNOW what THAT stuff is like and well, I just can't get into a song with lyrics that say, "I'm like a house of cards in a hurricane". Frankly that pretty much sums up the music at Macys. To which I say, "BRING ON THE HURRICANE and make it FAST!!"

Unknown said...

I'm so freakin' excited for you! It's not even funny, and I think all music should be free...its kind of a version of freedom of speech. Just my opinion though.

Laura said...

a sad twisted joy.... you crack me up :) i hope you have fun recording! good luck! :)

WindmillObsessed said...

Hey friend! Wanted to leave a note now that you showed me where you were.

I totally support music that supports the artists, not the record labels. I mean, yeah, we owe a lot to the record labels for making people famous, but they don't have to milk every extra penny out of everybody.

btw - I love the white on black!