Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Up The Mountain

Everybody wants the world to change
Everybody wants to stay the same
But if ya don't believe it, you sure as hell live it
Everything changes, and you stay the same

Nothing in this world will ever change
You my friend, you'll never mean a thing
This world keeps goin round and round
You get back up before you fall down
Nothing changes, the world's always unfair

The suits and skirts of the world
They'll yank out the roots, hang you by the noose
Before you're even taxed to death
We dip our hands into the pot
Live life for all that we've got
For what we could get, we dream even more


My ma, she always worries about me
Protect yourself, don't be a fool, be happy"
She don't like that I'm a jumper
I just think my life's much funner
My ma, I always worry about her
My wife, if I had one yet
She'd probably shake her head when I said
"Ima be a mountain man, this civilization is a sham
And I'm beginning to grow weary of hoping

One day, I'll put on my hat
March right up to him, and I'll say
That sir I've had quite enough
You've bothered me with too much stuff
That I generally consider life's rubbish
He'll speak convincing words to me
Tell me his belief is what I should believe
By then I'll walk away, because that is when I ignore
The respect that you demand you expect

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Interesting, very interesting. As a poem it has some nice sound quality but I'm sure it'll be much better with music. Why? Cuz you're that cool?