My PC is pretty screwed up currently, so much I can't play games very long before it overheats, among other problems. Regardless, I loaded the Windows 7 beta.
It's pretty much amazing. Better than I thought. It's faster than Vista AND XP. It's got all the fancy things that Vista had, plus a couple other new things that make the OS exciting. They have a revamped taskbar (the long thing that has the start menu on it), and it makes it a lot easier and faster to work with. It's very lightweight, takes up half the room that Vista does (2.43GB). The only problem with the beta I see is that it's hard to multitask when installing something new, but I think that's just cause it's not the finished product. Or because my PC's just jacked up.
Win7 isn't gonna be finished until the end of this year at least, but I can pretty much guarantee that this Windows is gonna successfully replace both XP and Vista. That is, if Microsoft hasn't pissed off and destroyed enough of their userbase the last half of his decade. And one more thing.
Google Chrome is amazingly fast. I have a normal-speed internet connection and it comes up faster than Firefox easy. It's out of the beta I believe, so if you feel adventurous, go and download it.
This concludes my geek review of experimental software. Hope it was helpful and informative lol
2 comments:
Ha ha! As amazing as I hope Win7 is (cause all I have is a PC at the moment), I still prefer a Mac. XP
Have you always had a Mac
Post a Comment