1. What is your idea of a hero? Not a comic book character, but a true hero in reality.
2. What is your idea of true sadness?
3. Which is better: a hawk or a tiger?
Slightly random, but it would help if you gave a real answer. Thanks :)
Luke 9:23-27
4 comments:
1. A dictionary entry for 'hero' lists this, "a person, typically a man, who is admired or idealized for courage, outstanding achievements, or noble qualities"
I see a person as someone who does something extraordinary or beyond their own capabilities for the betterment (is that a word?) or benefit of others without any expectation of getting something in return or gaining some kind of advantage.
2. I think 'true sadness' would have to do with some kind of failure to meet one's potential that is not due to uncontrolled circumstances, but out of one's choices.
In the last book of the Chronicles of Narnia, C.S. Lewis has a scene in which some dwarves have been tied and tossed into a barn that supposedly will end in their doom. However, when they are tossed into the barn, they actually end up in the "real" Narnia or heaven if you'd like to call it. They think that they are still in the barn and they are still bound. However, their eyes have been blinded by the hardness of their hearts and refuse to even consider that they are now living in a new reality.
I think that the essence of true sadness lies in having the opportunity to know Christ and have eternal life and somehow choose to turn one's back on Him, if that's even possible.
3. Hawk or tiger? Hmm...this one is hard. I would have to go with a hawk. there's something about flying that seems to be more advantageous. but I guess it would depend on what you would use a tiger or hawk for.
1. I think a hero is someone who gives up something important to them, in order to better another person's life.
2. True sadness is not thinking anything is worth living for. Not just wanting to die, wanting to disappear altogether so that you don't have to deal with anything, good or bad.
3. A hawk is definitely better! It can fly through a city without really being noticed, whereas a tiger would totally be noticed.
True sadness is feeling like life is in your own hands.
1. A true hero is someone who gives of themself without focusing on the harm (physically emotionally or otherwise) that could be brought upon themselves by their actions for others. This is not to say that the hero does not understand or realize the dangers, but in recognizing them and choosing to put others first is their heroism.
2. True sadness is being alone. By alone, I mean someone who feels completely and utterly bereft and without anyone, including God.
3. I don't know that I could choose between a hawk and a tiger. They both have amazing advantages. If you force me to choose however I like things that can fly so I'd have to choose the hawk
Post a Comment