The thing is, despite really annoying with how he moved on stage, this guy Seal was a true musician. He could inspire hope. And he has a really awesome voice. When the rerun of the show came on tonight, I realized how much I wanted the same thing, but not as a rock star on stage sing his songs. God no, I would hate his kind of success. But it keeps hitting me, how much I want to sing worship songs. Love songs to my Creator. Songs that sing about the awesome power and love that is Him. And then I said out loud, that I really, really want to be a worship leader, to my girl, and she said something back that made me get a bunch of fuzzies. Nope, I ain't tellin you.
I keep forgetting what could be my deepest passion of my life; I love to inspire people and give hope, through worship music. I'm beginning to stop denying myself of this fact, finally I think. I've always refrenced this part of my life to people as something I'd probably do on the side, while I go to school to be a teacher. But this thing keeps hitting me, that God might be opening the door for me to be worship pastor for an actual career. Oh yes, it's progressing. But it's so crazy. Any job in ministry is not exactly stable in the worldly sense of things. But then again, I've put my trust in God, not in the world anymore. I think that's what's making me take this more into consideration now.
All in all, music is amazing, and music itself is relative, in almost every sense of the word. I've tasted the life of the rock star, and I think now I'm going to be God's rock star now. Just...one step at a time now. Hopefully.
1 comment:
Ann Marie said something about you wanting to be a worship pastor. I say, go for it! You would be awesome at it! And you would be a real worship leader, too. I don't really respect the rock star types who sing all the popular songs and have vocal solos and eat it all up on stage. No, you would really lead worship. God bless, dude.
Post a Comment