Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Progress in 02/09

Ladies and gentlemen, I'll have you know that despite not having a job and growing low on resources, I have not fallen into the pit of despair and depression. God, my close friends, and my amazing girlfriend have all been instrumental in this, but I have also been able to indulge my creative drive more than usual.

I have written a song. It's lovely I think, even without music. Though the music makes it sound sooooooo much better. Anyway.

I took my heart, I washed it clean of my dreams
You and me weren't what I thought we could be
It still haunts me
We almost made it before we fell
When I found you again, I still wanted to win
Our hope we had, our scars weren't that bad
I wish I could've cried
When I realized you wouldn't open your eyes
And the hardest part of it all / was when I walked away

I let go
I won't do this anymore
If you don't know
I meant every word
It's just another time I have to make things right
Just another time another one left me
Just another time I shed my skin
Just another time trying to find who I am agian

You know everything that I've been through
You know everything that I still hold onto
You know everything that nobody knows
That I'm too scared to tell
You know who I'm trying to be
You know the very thing that will set me free
So talk to me now, tell me where to go
Tell me how long, how far, what's the heartache's toll


just realized i haven't named it yet...

2 comments:

Ted said...

I don't see a hook or chorus. I'm curious to hear how it sounds. I'm happy to see that a muse has taken hold and made you spew new things.

redhead1904 said...

The chorus is the middle group, starts with I let go. And I want to record it soon if I can by some means.