Who wants to know who wins? Who wants to know the end of the story? Pretty much everybody that's had a desperate point in their life has wanted to see the end result of the suffering or mourning they're in. They want to see the finish line so they can pull some hope from that thought. But what happens if the finish line has hurdles, and not a clear straight path?
I've become completely at peace with the future of my life. I sort of don't care about it. I have aspirations, dreams of what I want to do. I've found peace in the thought that no matter what I do now, that I cannot fix my magical crystal ball that lets me see into the future. But my hope for my future gets stronger every day, and it's because I'm beginning to find the tools for my life.
Consider this: would you rather have a picture of what something could look like, or the tools and the ability for it? There's more hope to build than to wish for something that could be. That's what I find has been my new realization for the last year: looking for my tools instead of the way to go. It's been incredibly revealing, but also incredibly rewarding. I'm beginning to find new things that I never thought I could do in me, or didn't know existed.
I encourage everybody reading this to find your tools, if you haven't bothered with trying to yet. Pick up your shield, your armor, and your sword (all found in this book called the Bible), and find your path in life.
Sunday, February 1, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
It's funny, Todd Friel was just talking about this on his radio show Wretched yesterday. I think it's still looping on his website if you want to go listen to it. He said that you don't need to look for God's will for your life because it's constantly being revealed. To make a really tough decision, you look to the Bible, pray for wisdom, seek advice from godly people, and whatever choice you make is obviously God's will or you wouldn't have made it! Even if things go terribly wrong, it's all a part of God's awesome plan and is therefore his will. Apparently he has a DVD on his website that covers that topic, called "Decisions Decisions," and I really want to get it.
Oh, yeah, the website is wretchedradio.com
I'm glad to see that you are finding out new things about yourself. It's pretty crazy to know what you are able to do. I feel like if it isn't hard it isn't worth doing. Most of life's rewarding things take time and effort. So I see ya on that. I know that if we seek after God he will give us the desires of our heart so why not give everything to him. He only wants the best for us anyway. So in a way there is no need to worry about the future. Only problem is like me, we all have a hard time giving up control lol. We are so dumb.
As for Roses statement I don't agree. We have a free moral choice and God may want us to do something and we say no because we think it would be better or right. God has to let us. It isn't God's plan for us to disobey there are several instances in the bible to show this. Like Adam and Eve.
Post a Comment