This last week, starting last Sunday, my life did not stop. I haven't really been home, mentally, for 168 hours. I went back to Roseville and experienced some old memories and friends, came back to Fresno with my girl, spent a night in the ER with her, had one of the most romantic and amazing weekends so far, took a road trip with Luke and Valerie for 6 hours in the car that never had a dull moment, realized I don't know where I'm gonna be or what I'll be doing in two weeks time, I'm almost out of money, and I just now sat here in front of my PC, took a deep breath, and the entire week hit me like a freakin car.
I've been sitting in the same seat now for almost 6 hours, possibly just so I know I can stay still for a long period of time without sleeping. This is insane. But so is youth, and I'm told I'm meant to live it while I still have it, why not.
I wrote a song, 30 minutes ago. I was in a weird funk, not knowing what I wanted to do but wanting to create something. I heard one of Staind's new songs and it got me writing a poem that's also a song. The rhyming is basically very simple, which I try to stray away from because I don't like being too simple if I can help it. But it's my heart right now. And if this is good enough, I think that this will be my first (sort of) direct song to/about God. I'm feelin closer to writing a real worship song each day.
Seems like we moved away
After we rebuilt this place
Even when we talk
Seems like the door keeps closing off
It's the memories of the past
That make me think this won't last
I don't know when it happened, but something's gone
I don't know what, but there's something wrong
I try to make this work by myself
This could never work without Your help
I lie when I think I'll make it through
I'm through fighting the fact that I need You
When I try to walk away
It's not only cause I'm afraid
Of what I did to You
I hated hurting You, I refuse
To think that I could take my problems
And find a way alone and solve them
Despite my need to be me
I need someone to lead me when I'm not strong
And to help me carry on
I know there's so many times I failed You
And You could've denied me for every one
But it wouldn't be what You would have wanted
And when I crossed the line I thought when I died
That the curse would follow me
But then I looked into Your eyes
And Your love healed my scars and freed me
And when I try to make this work by myself
I know it can't work without Your help
I don't even try to make it through
I don't fight the fact that I need You
Well, there you have it. My goodness I'm shaking all over. Sweet chocolate potatoes.
No comments:
Post a Comment