Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Christmas 2008

I am now convinced about three things when it comes to this gigantic holiday that we have named Christmas that some people are so bitter about. If you don't like the holidays, you either/or...

-Are much too burnt out with the motions of the occasion.
-Don't believe that we should celebrate the holiday because of the Messiah's birth, and are meticulously picky about what you celebrate.
-Have put too much of the weight of the world on your shoulders.

And to all of those people I say...LIVE THE OCCASION for the joy that it brings. The only reason that people feel like they have to avoid Christmas so much is for the burdens that people put on it. It's like the Santa thing, should we teach our kids that he's real until they finally discover it out or just tell them the truth? I don't think it should be a universal decision, let people have some fun!

I generally think most of the population of the world are idiots, but with God's love and patience I tolerate them. Holidays are the one point in time where I feed off other people's idiosyncrasies! Why not! If someone's doing something that you don't think is politically correct or logical, does it really matter if they're just trying to pass on their joy to you with candies and sweet stuff?!

So, my end statement is, if you're burnt out, picky, or scrooge, let it go on the holidays, especially the big one. Joy should never be refused when it's given freely. Actually, don't reject anything free that won't do you good, that's just stupid.

2 comments:

Ted said...

I get the grumps when my parents don't stick to the list! They did this year to not hear me go on about why I even made a list if they didn't get anything on it!

redhead1904 said...

This is my simple answer to you Jay:

you lazy brat.