Wednesday, December 17, 2008

not me

Stop reading this. I'm not important. Go read the Bible and learn about Jesus. Stop being amazed at who I am and see who I'm trying to be like, I'm not the important one in this story.

I really, really, really think...no I know that I'm insignificant. And I hate it when people tell me that I'm so amazing. It really bothers me when people give me credit for things. It's the reason why I when I put my name down at the end of a letter, I usually make it all lowercase out of humility. I just don't like being given credit for my achievements. Respect, yes, but not the glamorous spotlight.

Who among us deserves it? Nobody. Except Jesus. So give it to Him. My CD, my friendships, my talent, my opinions, my abilities, they're all crap. Give it up for the real man that can rise from the dead and save you from it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

K, so I do think you're amazing, but let me temper it with the fact that I think you're amazing because God made you that way, an amazing creation of His who He's truly blessed with many talents. Maybe I don't write that second part in often enough when I tell you you're amazing, but I guess I always assumed it was presumed as unsaid but present. I'm glad that you know where it all comes from :)and that you keep up the blogs because I always enjoy reading them and often times learn something or realize something new from reading them.

Ted said...

Ya ok the only Amazing person I know is Spider-Man so ya when you get bit by a radioactive spider and do sweet stuff and get a comic saying The Amazing Spider Jesse then I will. ;)
*Twip*

Miss Rose Virginia said...

It's true, Jesus Christ is amazing. But remember that he died so that you could inherit his Father's kingdom. You're now a child of God, and that makes you extraordinary. Of course, you're no better than any of the rest of us, so I suppose it's okay to be humble ... just not so humble you're not proud of the things that God gave you--your talents, abilities, posessions, etc. Just because Christ is the most amazing, doesn't mean you're not a little bit amazing, Jesse.