Monday, December 15, 2008

Official Embracing Autumn release


It is now December 16th, 2008. And at this moment, the Embracing Autumn EP has been released out into the public. For free consumption. Free...oh yes friends. I believe that my talents I've acquired freely that help me write songs should be able to be free to you as well. One thing I ask of you - that if you enjoy this music, make a copy of the CD for a friend, or post a link of my page onto your profile or bulletin.

To download the CD, click the cover
below.
This file is a zipped file, so make sure you have a program that can unzip folders. If not, then click this link and download WinRAR, and use the program to unzip the file. Of course, if you see me in person, you could also bypass this and we could have a nice little conversation :).

And since this is a blog, I'd like to elaborate on what this record is. For those of you that know me personally, this year has changed me from the inside out. It's been one of those years that is heaven and hell in every way. And it's helped me realize who I am, and what direction I'm going in. The reason I titled it Embracing Autumn, is because autumn is a season of change, the weather and nature turning into something completely different, but also revealing another side of its beauty. Everything we do in our lives is beautiful, the moments of realization and revelation, even the painful and heartbreaking moments. It's not easy to accept it, because it takes faith and hope that things will get better. But like my ma always told me, you gotta take the good with the bad eh. I've summarized the last year up to accepting the beauty of change, embracing autumn.

And as I close, I would like to say that this is the best album I've ever made, so far. I went in a quality studio to record most of these tracks, I had my good friend and brother Jamison guest on one song, and this is the first CD that I've had true album art for. This was a lot of fun to make, and I am quite proud of it.

Hope you enjoy the music, have a great week :)



p.s. - the website is myspace.com/theredheadmusic

No comments: